|You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )|
|#477 Part II|
|Author: Duramaxer (Show all albums)|
Trying to save some money on the upholstery job and covering the door panels my selves with the same material as the wall. Like it was originally on earlier models like #477
The old door panels was not very nice.
Sometimes I get a little carried away :-)
Finally the larger part of the countertop is glued, inside the bag and under vacuum. Now the pump controller will do the rest and make sure this challenge of the #477 puzzle is over. Could have gone the easy path of a straight or trim edge countertop but with patience and skillful friends perfection is achievable. Thank you Henning!
This is the finished product. The epoxy is curing so slow it's driving me crazy. Have do the larger piece another day.
Doing the large piece we had to get it right the first time or I would have to order another sheet of laminate. We made it ;-)
Finally we got it right.
First attempt in the vacuum bag also failed. The laminate was oversize and the edges snapped right off.
We heated the laminate to shape the radius. We failed a couple of times until we got the temperature just right and kind of a feel for how to do it. Then we clamped it down and after it cooled of it keot the right shape.
Buiscuit joints on the nose piece.
|Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software|
© 2002-2021 PD9 Software
|(Delete all cookies set by this site)|