Search | Statistics | User Listing | Member Roster | Coach DB Forums | Albums
FMC Owner's Forum
Home -> FMC Owner's Forum ->  General Discussion -> Mechanic's Corner -> View Thread

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

BODY STRUCTURE: GROUP #2 - SERVICE MANUAL
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Mechanic's CornerMessage format

andy1canada
Posted 2023-11-09 9:58 AM (#8192)
Subject: BODY STRUCTURE: GROUP #2 - SERVICE MANUAL

Elite Veteran

I wanted to make a quick - and I hope useful - reference to the Group 2 - 'Body' section in the Service Manual (It's there online, too, thanks Kjetil!) for those who are taking a refit to the 'next level', or, those who, like many of us, are concerned about the cabin-frame to chassis interface.

This section includes several useful service bulletins outlining FMC's warranty/recall posture back in the day and where to focus your attention for inspection & repair if needed.

Some of the pics (photocopies) are not so great but there is however also a useful diagram of the coach cabin frame (Fig.3 pg-5 of 10) for those of you who would like to know where to step (on rafters) and not to step (in open areas) when walking around up there to minimize fiberglass flexing. I walked on FMC roof before that 'flexed' so much under foot I thought I might go through it.

I know a PO had 'huck-bolts' done on my coach by RVS back around 2000' but haven't confirmed what was done, or, if there needs to be more inspection. I suspect so as #846 has the typical 'mid-drift-bulge' just ahead of the right-side rear wheel evident in the slight bulging of the belly band. It's not as bad as some I've seen and the left side still looks good.

Hope this helps someone, somewhere, someday... somehow.

Terry

Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Go to FMCowners.com HomeRunning MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2024 PD9 Software
(Delete all cookies set by this site)