Search | Statistics | User Listing | Member Roster | Coach DB Forums | Albums
FMC Owner's Forum
Home -> FMC Owner's Forum ->  General Discussion -> Mechanic's Corner -> View Thread

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

BUDD STYLE TAPERED LUG NUTS - 3/4"-16
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Mechanic's CornerMessage format

andy1canada
Posted 2023-08-09 10:33 AM (#8177)
Subject: BUDD STYLE TAPERED LUG NUTS - 3/4"-16

Elite Veteran

If you've found a set of old-school Budd 19.5" wheels you want to mount on your coach, you'll need these to bolt them on.

These old Budd wheels where used on many brands/models of old coaches and trucks. They are a five-lug, lug-centered 19.5" x 6" wide wheel with approximately a 5 7/8" hub center that will need to turned out on a lathe to just over 6" to work on our coaches. They can be a more affordable means to get your coach into 19.5" rubber in the narrower tire sizes.

I have one that I want to utilize as a spare and after some searching, confirmed what I needed to know. Thanks also to Lou, who also helpfully recommended the Euclid wheel-end catalog (pdf. pg. 4-3) online. For some reason I can't copy/paste a link to the pdf.

Part number: Euclid E5652-R OUTER CAP NUT

Note #1: the 'R' is for RH thread; 'L' is for LH thread.

Note #2: user to confirm/beware of fitment on rear dual wheel applications. I'm personally using the Budd wheel as a spare for my front steer tire(s), or, an outside position rear wheel spare (lug centered) application only.

Remember: The OEM FMC wheels are 'hub-centered' and we need to be aware of the differences between 'hub' & 'lug' centered wheels.

Going out on a limb some here as I haven't actually tried to bolt one of these nuts on to #846 yet but should have mine here in a few days to find out.

Ordered six (one for a spare) from these guys (just over $5.00/ea CDN to my door!

https://ohcanadasupply.ca/heavy-duty-fleet/Wheel-Attaching-Parts/Whe...

Hoping this will help others down the road trying to sort this out, someday... somewhere... somehow.

Terry

Edited by andy1canada 2023-08-09 10:36 AM
Top of the page Bottom of the page
hemi354az
Posted 2023-08-09 11:53 AM (#8178 - in reply to #8177)
Subject: RE: BUDD STYLE TAPERED LUG NUTS - 3/4"-16

Extreme Veteran

Please see - https://www.wanderlodgeownersgroup.com/downloads/Euclid100DWheelAtta...
andy1canada
Posted 2023-08-13 9:10 AM (#8179 - in reply to #8178)
Subject: Re: BUDD STYLE TAPERED LUG NUTS - 3/4"-16

Elite Veteran

Got my nuts! Three pairs! Three pairs of nuts, six total. One is a spare.

Under $2.00/CDN each. Shipped to my door for bout' $33-smackers.

And they fit!

Be sure to specify RH or LH thread if you deal with these guys as they have both at this time of writing.

Awesome outfit - arrived in 3 or 4 days.

Terry
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Go to FMCowners.com HomeRunning MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2024 PD9 Software
(Delete all cookies set by this site)