Search | Statistics | User Listing | Member Roster | Coach DB Forums | Albums
FMC Owner's Forum
Home -> FMC Owner's Forum ->  General Discussion -> Mechanic's Corner -> View Thread

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

BRAKE SPRINGS: CUSTOM BUILT IN CANADA
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Mechanic's CornerMessage format

andy1canada
Posted 2024-07-05 6:20 PM (#8217)
Subject: BRAKE SPRINGS: CUSTOM BUILT IN CANADA

Elite Veteran

I have confirmation from Victory Spring in Edmonton, Alta. up here in Canada, that they can/will build our FMC brake spring. This company has a long history up here, beginning right here on Vancouver Island as they used to be based here in Victoria (where I live) until they relocated to Edmonton.

It's a single spring that has apparently replaced the two slightly different ones that were originally used. You will still use 4-springs per wheel.

Even if you have good springs now, it's a good idea to carry some spares.

Like many other owners I am currently running this spring at all four corners with no issues.

Note: if I am involved in ordering/selling these springs I will not accept any liability nor make, offer, or guarantee any confirmation of performance or fitment on these springs. These springs are new but are sold as-is where-is at the users own peril.

This said, I got a quote today to share with you all.

Terms: 50% up front before build, balance due on confirmation when/before order is ready to ship.

Cost ea. on 50-99/pcs = $15.61:CAD/US=$11.00 - ish.

100-199/pcs = $12.88 CAD/$9.00 US approx.
200 + pcs = $11.52 CAD/$8.00 US.

Quote does not include taxes/duty/shipping.

I have not yet confirmed whether or not they will ship direct to cross-border clients, or, if it would be an owner in the US or myself who steps up and buys a quantity for resale and looks after shipping individual orders.

I live a ways from a post office so would expect some compensation for my time and fuel, which would affect the price as well.

Ideally, an owner or a group of you guys down South would order a bunch and handle distribution from within the US.

I can get my own order shipped to me direct, I hope.

Victory Spring has requested that I send them my sample spring (see the Album section for pics) before they do a run to confirm dimensions. Since I'm in the middle of a brake job and have a spring off already, I can send them one as soon as we have a substantial order together and they'll send it back to me promptly so I can get #846 buttoned up and back on the road.

Therefore, I ask that if you are interested in any springs that you contact me ASAP so I can expedite this.

Any questions, email me or fire away here or on the FBook Forum.

Thanks,
Terry

silversaw@telus.net

Top of the page Bottom of the page
ACFBrill48
Posted 2024-07-07 5:46 PM (#8218 - in reply to #8217)
Subject: Re: BRAKE SPRINGS: CUSTOM BUILT IN CANADA

Contributor

I would be interested in purchasing springs for all four corners plus a couple extras.
Thanks, Jim
andy1canada
Posted 2024-07-09 9:47 AM (#8219 - in reply to #8217)
Subject: RE: BRAKE SPRINGS: CUSTOM BUILT IN CANADA

Elite Veteran

BRAKE SPRING UPDATE:

After consultation with my peers and discovering that I have receipts that came with my coach that show, definitively, that both MCR & RVS installed all the ORANGE brake springs in #846 about 25 yrs ago - I am ordering a batch of these springs from Victory Spring in Edmonton, Alberta, after they examine the sample spring I'm sending them shortly and they confirm that they can duplicate this spring. I have also learned that Carlson Brake Parts (US) built this spring (or an excellent facsimile of it) but they discontinued production of it a decade ago. Carlson numbered this orange spring #4004 and was sold as the Carlson/Raybestos/Bendix - H500 spring in kits of 8 pcs.

NOTE: As this thread has multiplied (digressed) into several Facebook threads on this topic, I'll ask once again: IF YOU WANT IN ON THIS SPRING ORDER - EMAIL ME WITH THE QUANTITY AT - silversaw@telus.net - AND I WILL ADD YOUR NAME TO THE LIST!

I'm getting texts and Messenger responses and with the two or three threads running on here it's getting near impossible to keep track of y'all.

This will be my last post on here until I confirm Victory is good-to-go on these at which time I will follow up with those who got on my EMAIL LIST with a quote & terms to make this happen.

Questions: EMAIL ME, thanks. Terry #846
andy1canada
Posted 2024-07-15 9:23 AM (#8220 - in reply to #8218)

Elite Veteran

Jim, email me asap with how many you want as I'm trying to wrap up this order this week.
Thanks, Terry

silversaw@telus.net
andy1canada
Posted 2024-07-16 8:04 AM (#8221 - in reply to #8220)

Elite Veteran

FMC BRAKE SPRINGS ORDER:
We are creeping up on the 200 pc price break point. Approx $8 - $9.00/US ea. Victory Spring confirmed they can/will build these for us. Contact your fellow FMC'ers and pass on my email. It looks like they will keep these available - perhaps for single orders - going forward. Will confirm this soon. The price is going to be slightly higher as I'm requesting they paint them (orange) for us. My original quote request did not include any paint work so the quote was for bare metal. I'll likely wait till we hit the 200 pc order before I place it. KEEP THE ORDERS COMING FOLKS! Terry #846 email: silversaw@telus.net
andy1canada
Posted 2024-07-19 8:01 PM (#8223 - in reply to #8217)

Elite Veteran

Update: We are over the 200 pc price-break point and the order will be going in soon to Victory Spring in Edmonton.

If you, or anyone you know, don't have any spare springs for your coach, now is your chance to get a great deal ($9 - $10-ish US ea) on these out of production springs.

Email me asap: silversaw@telus.net

Terry
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Go to FMCowners.com HomeRunning MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2024 PD9 Software
(Delete all cookies set by this site)