Search | Statistics | User Listing | Member Roster | Coach DB Forums | Albums
FMC Owner's Forum
Home -> FMC Owner's Forum ->  General Discussion -> Mechanic's Corner -> View Thread

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

FRONT SHOCKS: MONROE vs GABRIEL?
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Mechanic's CornerMessage format

andy1canada
Posted 2024-09-10 9:38 AM (#8231)
Subject: FRONT SHOCKS: MONROE vs GABRIEL?

Elite Veteran

No worries Lou. After talking with tech people at both Monroe & Gabriel I'm going with Gabriels' for the front shocks. Monroe says they don't ship the 74028's with the steel sleeves, regardless that it won't fit for the front application; whereas, the Gabriel tech assured me any of the following two shocks listed below come with the ES36 mount that works with my 3/4" front bolts and will fit in the 1-3/4" lower front perch. Two of them to choose from with the same stroke specs as the old Gabriels' I took off: Fleetline #85058 & Gas SLX (adjustable) #89431. Both are quality built and half the price of Koni's. I'm leaning towards the adjustable ones as it may prove useful with my extra water tank up front. On the rear shocks I'm still debating whether the extra length (1.6") of the 74454's is workable with my air-spring configuration and differential that's moved forward 2". I need to be mindful of the fact that my trailing arm/wheel assembly literally hands from the air-springs when the coach is on jack stands. As the rear shocks only bolt to one side, the width of the mount is not an issue as it is on the front. FYI: the Monroe equivalent (crossover) to the above Gabriels' I listed are: #65109; #65478; #66448 - from my Lordco Parts guru buddy.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Go to FMCowners.com HomeRunning MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2024 PD9 Software
(Delete all cookies set by this site)