I wanted to add axle covers/hubcaps to dress up the appearance of the coach. Didn't want to spend a lot of money so I used some caps that I had sitting around. I did purchase chromed steel caps for the front.
Before view of the rear, I had already removed the outboard wheel.
Frank's FMC garage.
I had a pair of these caps sitting around. The Alcoa wheels have a six inch inside diameter, these hub caps were larger than that.
I was looking around the shop for something that would work to hold the hub cap to the hub. I found these old brake rotors that the hub caps just nicely fit over. I used the plasma cutter to cut the centers out.
I mounted the part in the lathe, cut the outside diameter to size and opened up the inside diameter to fit over the axle cap.