Search | Statistics | User Listing | Member Roster | Coach DB Forums | Albums
FMC Owner's Forum
Home -> FMC Owner's Forum ->  General Discussion -> Discussion -> View Thread

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Uncovered #141 original owner estate
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> DiscussionMessage format

Dohio
Posted 2018-03-18 12:57 PM (#5404)
Subject: Uncovered #141 original owner estate

(65.25.49.172)
Just found #141 from original owners estate. Has been garage kept all its life. In very clean and original condition. Runs but needs brakes. Last plated 2014. Thinking about listing for sale later this year and I’m looking for best way to possible sell.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
BigRabbitMan
Posted 2018-03-18 2:49 PM (#5405 - in reply to #5404)
Subject: Re: Uncovered #141 original owner estate

(71.92.153.147)
The database shows its last know location to be in Florida, is that still the case as you don’t have your location on your profile?
hemi354az
Posted 2018-03-18 3:26 PM (#5406 - in reply to #5404)
Subject: RE: Uncovered #141 original owner estate

(24.251.181.209)
No, you are looking for the most money you can get from a sale.
Why should I help you fleece someone ?
Caveat Emptor ! Lou #120
Dohio
Posted 2018-03-18 5:01 PM (#5407 - in reply to #5404)

(65.25.49.172)
#141 was bought new and has spent its entire life in northeast Ohio (had its own building built from day one) . I’m not looking to “fleece” anyone. I can see there is a great passion with these FMC and was hoping to find that right buyer that has that passion. I was wondering what has worked best for other sellers.
dkarnath
Posted 2018-03-19 10:11 AM (#5413 - in reply to #5407)

(204.10.247.1)
Dohio - 2018-03-18 3:01 PM

#141 was bought new and has spent its entire life in northeast Ohio (had its own building built from day one) . I’m not looking to “fleece” anyone. I can see there is a great passion with these FMC and was hoping to find that right buyer that has that passion. I was wondering what has worked best for other sellers.

Craigslist is the best (as far as I am concerned), been working for me for many years. Coach location AND condition AND how many are for sale at the current time has a lot to do with value also. Like others have mentioned on this thread, "turn key" is big. If a buyer can fly in and drive home, you should get top dollar (whatever that is!). Generally I see FMC's priced under 5k that will require being towed from the for sale location (projects). 5-10k range, gas motors, older diesel conversions, needing little TLC to be camping, and overall condition is pretty good. 10k-?? Nice, clean, fully functioning turnkey original drivers, and quality diesel conversions. The Alcoa wheels are a great plus because of tire selection and availability, but I wouldn't let that be a deal breaker, I would be more worried the overall condition of the coach. I'm the type of person who maybe wants a yellow fmc? I'll wait until a yellow one comes up for sale. George, you selling yours? lol
BigRabbitMan
Posted 2018-03-18 5:48 PM (#5408 - in reply to #5404)

(71.92.153.147)

I would agree that "..looking for the best way to sell." is not attempting to "fleece" someone.

If it were mine, I would first go through the coach fixing all the things that need fixing. You have identified the brakes. You also need to ensure that all the other things also work such as the auxiliary generator, air conditioners, water system, heater, etc, etc also work. To sell a coach with things not working, it drives the value way down as compared to a fully working and driving coach. You need to actually take it out to an RV park and stay in it a few days so that you are familiar with how everything works. If you do not want to do the fixing, you then have a "fixer upper".

Once you have everything working and you are confident that you can show the coach and how it operates, then I would list it here in the For Sale forum, on Craig's List, and on one or more of the online RV sales websites such as RVTRADER.com. Some people also list a high dollar item like this on eBay with an appropriate reserve and not expect to actually sell the coach but to be able to make contact with some potential buyers. Before you list it here, complete your profile with your full name. I see that you have completed your city and state.

Prices are all over the map. The correct price is the one that both buyer and seller can agree upon. In your prices evaluation, you need to determine if it has 19.5" wheels or the original 17" wheels. The larger wheel size is important. Also, unless the tires were replaced fairly recently you need to factor in to your calculations that the buyer will have replace all six or seven tires regardless of how they look as RV tire age out at somewhere around 7-8 years. The less they are driven, the sooner they need to be replaced.
LCAC_Man
Posted 2018-03-18 8:31 PM (#5409 - in reply to #5408)

(172.10.134.245)
Pictures tell the story...
Early coaches typically get lower money than later coaches (better brakes and steering).
Like Stephen said, either get all the systems working or at least provide the status on each:
Chassis Heating
Chassis A/C
House Heating
House A/C
House DC Electrical
Shore Power
Generator power
Brakes
Tire condition
Steering
Suspension
Engine performance and cooling
Trans performance
house plumbing
house lighting
exterior lighting
Water and Waste tank storage
and on...and on..

Edited by LCAC_Man 2018-03-18 8:32 PM
hemi354az
Posted 2018-03-18 10:02 PM (#5410 - in reply to #5409)

(24.251.181.209)
"Early coaches typically get lower money than later coaches (better brakes and steering)."
Please document or otherwise prove the above statement.
Thx, Lou #120
LCAC_Man
Posted 2018-03-19 6:41 AM (#5411 - in reply to #5410)

(172.10.134.245)
hemi354az - 2018-03-18 8:02 PM

"Early coaches typically get lower money than later coaches (better brakes and steering)."
Please document or otherwise prove the above statement.
Thx, Lou #120

Nobody here works for you Lou...we don't report to anyone but ourselves.
My comment is based on watching coach sales (since before I bought mine)...if you have the time you are welcome to disprove my observation.
Do you disagree that the brakes and steering are better on later coaches?
B. Sitton
Posted 2018-03-19 9:31 AM (#5412 - in reply to #5411)

(72.161.115.169)
The steering change was about coach #650. The brake change was close to the end of production. The brake change is a fairly easy parts change.
Late coaches with the larger hydrovacs and master cylinder most likely came with a cast crankshaft, standard rod 440. From start to half way through the #900’s the original 440 was forged crankshaft with 6-pac rods.
Yes there are minor differences but...
Coach condition is #1 when the price is concerned. I wouldn’t say that an early and late coach of the same overall condition would have a price difference.
Bill
byegorge
Posted 2018-03-19 12:26 PM (#5415 - in reply to #5404)

(71.231.209.250)
Dan:
#506 is beige not yellow it's been repainted.
dkarnath
Posted 2018-03-19 2:21 PM (#5416 - in reply to #5415)

(204.10.247.1)
Still waiting for a picture album George....
Dohio
Posted 2018-03-19 3:02 PM (#5417 - in reply to #5404)

(65.25.49.172)
Thanks for all the great replies. I’m excited to go through this classic and can’t wait for that first camping trip. Got to say this is difffent from any other rv that I have had, two motor homes and three fifth wheel in the last 30 years. Thermasan system is something I never heard of! Google sure makes it nice to research.
andy1canada
Posted 2018-08-06 10:45 PM (#5749 - in reply to #5404)

(154.20.196.160)
Condition of front glass and dashboard are a couple of other biggies I want to know about.

Terry
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Go to FMCowners.com HomeRunning MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2024 PD9 Software
(Delete all cookies set by this site)