Search | Statistics | User Listing | Member Roster | Coach DB Forums | Albums
FMC Owner's Forum
Home -> FMC Owner's Forum ->  General Discussion -> Discussion -> View Thread

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

FMC Training by Lou #120
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> DiscussionMessage format

Jrobowen62
Posted 2017-03-21 12:30 PM (#4478)
Subject: FMC Training by Lou #120

(50.207.42.155)
I just wanted to report that I completed Lou's FMC 101 mini-course on March 3rd, 2017. It was a data dump of epic proportions as I only had one day available (I was in Phoenix for a business trip) and Lou recommends 3 days. Lou did a great job of filling in the background on lots of FMC important design details and facts to understand how things work (or should have been done differently). This is especially important if you are contemplating any changes or upgrades to the stock FMC systems. I have a very stock 1974 Model J (#489) that is in good shape (considering the age, etc.) and after the visit with Lou, I have a really good idea of what is necessary, what would be nice and what would be awesome to do on my rig. I know of few other FMC'ers have taken the course, so you know what I'm talking about. Lou and his bride are really nice folks and I really enjoyed it. I'll admit I was exhausted as we went 11 hours straight - but I wanted to get as much in as possible and Lou is tough and never paused. I'll also point out that Lou and some of his pals have spent a lot of money and have done a lot of work researching original part numbers and alternatives that are freely shared on the FMC forum - which we should all be grateful for. The best part of the trip for me, besides talking with someone you really, really understands FMCs and the associated sickness we have, was understanding a few of the chronic issues I have, like overheating issues and how to address them. #120 has a lot of cool improvements on it, so if you get a chance you take Lou up on the offer to take his class and see his rig. But be prepared to have a mountain of facts, opinions and part information thrown at you in Lou's characteristic no BS style. No wimps! Plus Lou has a lot of cool things (like dragster engines, classic cars, homemade tools, master mechanic toolboxes, etc.) in his Garage Mahal to enjoy while you are there.

Thanks Lou. It was great!
Rob #489
Top of the page Bottom of the page
hemi354az
Posted 2017-03-21 1:20 PM (#4479 - in reply to #4478)
Subject: Re: FMC Training by Lou #120

(24.251.160.88)
Rob #489,
Your welcome.
Lou #120

ps: We did 11 hours straight, no food breaks, no breaks for anything except Potty. He wanted as much as he could get, and I wanted to make his visit worthwhile. Don't know how effective he was at his next day business meeting, but I slept in ! There was still MORE to cover, and he said he would return, but I'm not sure if that was a threat or a promise. C-mon Down !

Edited by hemi354az 2017-03-21 1:21 PM
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Go to FMCowners.com HomeRunning MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2024 PD9 Software
(Delete all cookies set by this site)