Search | Statistics | User Listing | Member Roster | Coach DB Forums | Albums
FMC Owner's Forum
Home -> FMC Owner's Forum ->  General Discussion -> Mechanic's Corner -> View Thread

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Wheel Studs
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Mechanic's CornerMessage format

jbnodine
Posted 2017-03-09 8:40 AM (#4444)
Subject: Wheel Studs

Contributor

After tearing it down to the block, replacing gaskets and generally cleaning it all up, the coach is running now. Took it for a test drive and sheared off a wheel stud in the front--rust indicated it had been cracked for a while. One other was brittle and I suspect all on that wheel are bad (overheated???).Well at least this inspired me to pull all the wheels and hubs, check lugs and bearings, and treat the wheel wells with Coroseal.

Does anyone know the source for wheel studs for a 5-lug front hub with disc brakes and Alcoa wheels?
Top of the page Bottom of the page
TX-FMC
Posted 2017-03-25 11:19 PM (#4480 - in reply to #4444)
Subject: RE: Wheel Studs

Contributor

I don't know about front disc studs, but I had to replace some rear drum ones. I went to an 18 wheeler commercial vendor and they matched them up for me and they were correct. Part No. AUM 102.6025L (I recommend getting new nuts for them too).

According to one online vendor, these are the various manufacturer part numbers of the same item: Wheel Stud E-8993L Same As Automann 201.6025L, Dayton 13-1181L, GM 2210240, Spicer 50-1156L, Motor Wheel 82843, Euclid E-8993L, Meritor R008993L, Leland W394.
B. Sitton
Posted 2017-03-26 9:09 AM (#4481 - in reply to #4480)
Subject: Re: Wheel Studs

Extreme Veteran

Disc brakes use a different kind of stud. It is a wheel stud on one end and has another threaded portion on the other end that the rotor fits over then nuts holding the rotor onto the hub.
The mighty Lou has a link to a nuts and studs catalog that looked like it had the disc brake double stud type hardware. I'll look back and see if I can come up with the link, If not Lou probably will.
Bill
B. Sitton
Posted 2017-03-26 9:19 AM (#4482 - in reply to #4444)

Extreme Veteran

http://truckhub.us/yahoo_site_admin/assets/docs/Euclid100DWheelAtta...
Yea I found it. Can't tell you what number part you need but this is where to compare your stud to find the replacements. When you do find the proper studs please come back and share your findings. Lots of people ask their question and disappear. We try hard to help but I takes a village of people helping each other. Looking forward to what you find.
Bill
jbnodine
Posted 2017-04-01 12:42 PM (#4486 - in reply to #4444)

Contributor

Bill - Thanks for the info and help. Lou sent me the link as well. Unfortunately none of them match. The closest is E5713 but the splines need to be 0.9 (max diameter) so E5713 and others that are 0.784 body diameter just rotate in the hub. Plus, the splines aren't small ones that simply catch in hub hole--they are larger splines that mate to splines in the hub.

Bottom line is I've tried every source I could find in Tucson and on the internet without success. I'm going to a machine shop next to see if matching studs can be fabricated or if the hub (and disc?) can be modified to the larger diameter studs that are available. There's always a solution (hopefully not too painful) so I'll let you know how all of this goes.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Go to FMCowners.com HomeRunning MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2024 PD9 Software
(Delete all cookies set by this site)