Search | Statistics | User Listing | Member Roster | Coach DB Forums | Albums
FMC Owner's Forum
Home -> FMC Owner's Forum ->  General Discussion -> Trader's Market -> View Thread

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Looking for a few parts...
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trader's MarketMessage format

TravalonSF
Posted 2020-07-31 3:49 PM (#7509)
Subject: Looking for a few parts...

Contributor

Hi Gang, 

I'm wondering if anyone is interested in selling the items below:

Rear ladder and hardware in good shape (can buy the roof rack too)

Passenger side window with slider at bottom

4 black handles for the interior cabinet doors

Plastic cabinet drawer latch in good shape found in front of the sink

Steering wheel in good to perfect condition

Rear spare tire mounting equipment

Spare tire cover (Stainless Steel band type with the FMC logo cover plate) ???

Original style window blinds in good condition

Any length of cabinetry edging (the brown 'T' type surrounding the cabinets and doors)

Original floor lightiing (at entry and bedroom step)

interior light switches in good working order (black toggle type)

Plastic black window trim (or a suggestion where to order it)

Exterior door weather strip (or recommendation of what to use)

Passenger side air vent in good condition (could use two of them

Sliding screen plastic spring clips (how do you keep the damn bathroom screen up)

I'll be attending the October rally for the 1st time and can pick up any large items if not feasible to ship. 

Thank you, RC 

Edited by TravalonSF 2020-07-31 3:55 PM

Top of the page Bottom of the page
fmc708
Posted 2020-07-31 4:04 PM (#7510 - in reply to #7509)
Subject: RE: Looking for a few parts...

Veteran

Hi Robert,
I have a rear spare tire mounting kit I got from RVS back in the day.  I have never installed it and am now thinking I won't.   I am planning on being at the rally in October in Oregon.  Happy to bring it with me.  It IS heavy.
Greg
TravalonSF
Posted 2020-07-31 4:25 PM (#7511 - in reply to #7509)
Subject: Re: Looking for a few parts...

Contributor

Hi Greg,

Thank you for your quick response and I'm wondering if you could send me a few photos of the unit. Len built a massive rear bumper/multiple tow hitch mechanism hidden behind the SS bumper and want to know what I might be getting into first.

I'm looking to carry a 375lb dirt bike on the rear center hitch and could use a few measurements of where the rear tire lays out once installed.

Also, do you carry a spare tire? Where? Any specific reason you decided not to use the mount? Do you know of anyone in the club with the RVS mounting?

Feel free to post or send me a few photos to r.craig@ggsir.com at your convenience.

I appreciate it in advance and any advice is always welcome, RC

fmc708
Posted 2020-07-31 4:53 PM (#7512 - in reply to #7509)

Veteran

Hi Robert,
This mount was set up by RVS and the design has been used on multiple FMC's, according to my understanding. The way it was explained to me is that it welds on to the steel bumper support, somewhere near the middle, and it swings away to allow access to the center door of the engine bay. I have the Alcoa wheel to go with it, but I plan to hold on to that. I am probably not going up to Alaska with this coach ever, which is what I was planning to do when I got the mount from RVS. At this point, I have about 12 things way in front of the spare tire on my priority list. I will see if I have it stored here and handy....if so, I will take some photos of the parts.
andy1canada
Posted 2020-07-31 5:26 PM (#7513 - in reply to #7511)

Elite Veteran

Hey Robert,

Re. carrying a spare.

It's generally accepted that FMC's are 'butt-heavy' so one popular weight-mitigation-technique (did you like that one Dan-O?) is to mount the spare up front. Some don't like it but that 100 lbs or so goes a long way to that end.

That said, you have air springs in the rear of Lenny's coach (formerly) so you already have a considerable tool built in to push some weight forward.

Good luck!
Terry
LCAC_Man
Posted 2020-08-01 11:44 AM (#7514 - in reply to #7513)

Elite Veteran

http://www.fmcowners.com/mbbs22/photos/show-album.asp?albumid=132&p...
This is the "stock tire carrier" that I removed, the remnants of it were used to make the front bumper carrier (you could probably sell that pretty easily).
The stock carrier would be very easy to weld on the flat top structure I built in the back.
B. Sitton
Posted 2020-08-03 6:49 PM (#7526 - in reply to #7509)
Subject: RE: Looking for a few parts...

Extreme Veteran

You keep the bathroom screen up with a stick, or dowel rod. Or replace the plastic clip that can’t be found. Or someone prove me wrong with a part source!
I’ve wondered if the spring clip can be made on a 3D printer. I’ve been told no but still have to throw out the idea to the group. Is there a 3D printer medium that would be pliable enough to bend without snapping? I have a new one for a pattern.
Bill
B. Sitton
Posted 2020-08-03 6:51 PM (#7527 - in reply to #7509)

Extreme Veteran

Clips, takes two per screen.
Bill
LCAC_Man
Posted 2020-08-04 8:49 AM (#7529 - in reply to #7527)

Elite Veteran

amazon has a huge selection of very small magnets/strikers, you can attach with 3M VHB and they will not come loose.
dkarnath
Posted 2020-08-04 9:40 AM (#7530 - in reply to #7529)

Elite Veteran

I have a ladder, it's not in absolute perfect condition, but it's FMC. I'll be in Oakridge.

http://www.fmcowners.com/mbbs22/photos/show-album.asp?albumid=200&p...
TravalonSF
Posted 2020-08-04 12:33 PM (#7531 - in reply to #7509)

Contributor

Thanks for you comments about the screen clip issue and I'll check with a friend doing this type of custom fabrication with 3D printing. Thin, long stick-on magnets sound like a good option too.

Dan, it appears from the photo album above you have permanently removed your ladder and I'm interested in picking it up at the rally. I'll ring you this week.

On a spare tire note... I'm wondering if anyone has 'Roof Mounted' a spare tire? It would not be weight distribution optimum and I'm sure it would have to be mounted very securely into the ribs.

Mine is located on the front bumper currently but, I would like to use the area for a light duty pit bike (290 lb) when towing a race trailer or when carrying another dirt bike (275 lb) on the rear trailer hitch mount avoiding having to tow a trailer. Hmmm...

TravalonSF
Posted 2020-08-04 12:52 PM (#7532 - in reply to #7509)

Contributor

Thanks for you comments about the screen clip issue and I'll check with a friend doing this type of custom fabrication with 3D printing. Thin, long stick-on magnets sound like a good option too.

Dan, it appears from the photo album above you have permanently removed your ladder and I'm interested in picking it up at the rally. I'll ring you this week.

On a spare tire note... I'm wondering if anyone has 'Roof Mounted' a spare tire? It would not be weight distribution optimum and I'm sure it would have to be mounted very securely into the ribs. How to get it up and down would be a bit of engineering (and a PINTA)!

Mine is located on the front bumper currently but, I would like to use the area for a light duty pit bike (290 lb) when towing a race trailer or when carrying another dirt bike (275 lb) on the rear trailer hitch mount avoiding having to tow a trailer. Hmmm...

andy1canada
Posted 2020-08-04 3:38 PM (#7533 - in reply to #7532)

Elite Veteran

Yeah, the idea of putting the spare up top crossed my mind, too, but only briefly till the scenario played itself out - Benny Hill style - in my twisted head...

I'm stopped on the I-5 in Seattle. It's rush-hour and I've just got a blown tire.

After climbing up on the roof and unbolting the spare from the rack, I carefully roll it to the edge of the coach then notice my wife is directly below me with her arms outstretched upwards ready to catch it.

"Is it heavy honey?" she yells above the din of traffic.

"Awe hell, couldn't be a pound over a hundred." I reply.

The next scene snapped me back to my senses and I bolted the sucker to the front bumper.

Terry
TravalonSF
Posted 2020-08-04 3:49 PM (#7534 - in reply to #7509)

Contributor

Now... that is funny!!! LOL

What was I thinking... I'll just leave it on the front for now. I can always throw it in the race trailer and still mount the bike on the front or work it out another way.

I'm curious, how many flats have you had during your ownership? I have heard from a few members, they don't bother with a spare knowing they will be calling a roadside tire service company to change the tire out for them anyway.

Just wondering...

Edited by TravalonSF 2020-08-04 3:50 PM
BigRabbitMan
Posted 2020-08-04 4:20 PM (#7535 - in reply to #7509)

Expert

I have had my spare put on roadside only once in 120,000 miles and twenty years. And that time I was knowingly running on tires that were old. Was trying to get one more trip in before changing them. I then went 15 more miles and replaced all six of them. I have only carried a spare about half the time. I will for either Mexico or Alaska.
dkarnath
Posted 2020-08-04 7:14 PM (#7536 - in reply to #7535)

Elite Veteran

Great story Terry.
byegorge
Posted 2020-08-30 3:23 AM (#7561 - in reply to #7509)

Veteran

It's nice to have the equipment with you and be able to R&R a tire off your 'split rims' while on the road.
dkarnath
Posted 2020-08-30 5:22 PM (#7562 - in reply to #7509)

Elite Veteran

Hi George!
You going to make Oakridge next month??
Cstock
Posted 2020-09-04 10:16 PM (#7573 - in reply to #7509)

Contributor

I removed my rear spare tire holder for repairs. When I was done I weighted it before reinstalling it and its ridiculously heavy so I scraped it. I now have my spare on an aluminum swing down type mechanism up front under the coach where the massive auto AC system used to be mounted. I can't imagine how you could move a spare up and down if a roof mount. Love the " how the hell do you keep the bathroom screen up" lol I currently use a stick! I ordered some screen clips but they were the wrong size. My ladder and roof rack were in poor shape so I removed them. I like the way it looks with out them anyway. Maybe have some of the smaller items you requested, I know I have one original floor mount light and a few plastic door handles. Sorry i won't be attending the rally, in the middle of an ACHeat retrofit/reconfig. Charlie/1034
dkarnath
Posted 2020-09-28 11:32 AM (#7594 - in reply to #7509)

Elite Veteran

Am I still bringing the ladder to the Oakridge Rally?
thomas savage
Posted 2020-09-29 7:09 PM (#7595 - in reply to #7594)

Contributor

dkarnath - 2020-09-28 11:32 AM

Am I still bringing the ladder to the Oakridge Rally?

I am looking for brak drums
thomas savage
Posted 2020-09-29 8:34 PM (#7596 - in reply to #7595)

Contributor

My name Tom I am looking for drum,s 5hole 14 in
BigRabbitMan
Posted 2020-09-29 11:18 PM (#7597 - in reply to #7596)
Subject: Brake drum source

Expert

thomas savage - 2020-09-29 6:34 PM My name Tom I am looking for drum,s 5hole 14 in

Here is a source of the brake drums:
DURABRAKE CO.
2311 Calle Del Mundo
Santa Clara, CA 95054
Phone: 408-748-0400 Fax:408-748-0410
email:sales@durabrake.com

Part number: 13174 Brake Drum
TravalonSF
Posted 2020-09-30 3:27 PM (#7599 - in reply to #7509)

Contributor

Hi Dan,

Unfortunately, I'll miss meeting you at this weekends rally in which I have been eagerly awaiting. #1027 experienced a Turbo failure on a trip several weeks ago and is just now being repaired at DMax, a shop in Diamond Springs, CA specializing in Duramax powered vehicles.

Pardon the short notice and let's discuss offline if shipping the ladder is a possibility.

Robert Craig
415-720-1053

mgajaguar
Posted 2020-11-01 3:28 PM (#7632 - in reply to #7509)

Contributor

I had the same problem in regards to the window screens all round my vehicle (#0744) and was able to get new screen springs for them. The screen clips a manufactured by Hehr and are identified by the part # of H010-920. I got mine from rvpartscenter.com, phone # 714-703-8200, on line go to shop by category, on the menu go to list #3, click on Hardware, locks, levels, then click on rv widow parts, click on rv window screen parts, and finally look on the lower row right. They sell them at 4 for $10. plus S&H. I found pellandent.com to order from them, go to their online site by inputting the afore mentioned name and on their main window look for the boxes and count 3 over from the right, it's labeled screen parts click on it and it will take you to rv screen parts, the clips are on the bottom of the left column and cost $1.70 per clip. Both prices are as of this writing also I could only obtain the clips in black. Hope that this helps anyone in need of clips. JT
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Go to FMCowners.com HomeRunning MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2024 PD9 Software
(Delete all cookies set by this site)