Search | Statistics | User Listing | Member Roster | Coach DB Forums | Albums
FMC Owner's Forum
Home -> FMC Owner's Forum ->  General Discussion -> Mechanic's Corner -> View Thread

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

New owners and members
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Mechanic's CornerMessage format

CrazymikeM934
Posted 2020-06-13 9:51 PM (#7359)
Subject: New owners and members

Contributor

Just wanted to say hello. We purchased .Laura Weaver and I Mike Weaver coach 934. The information posted is very valuable. Happy to have found this group. New home for this coach is Manhiem PA 1745. A Eldebrock pro flo EFI system is ordered and and on it's way.

Edited by CrazymikeM934 2020-06-13 9:55 PM
Top of the page Bottom of the page
BigRabbitMan
Posted 2020-06-13 10:26 PM (#7360 - in reply to #7359)
Subject: Re: New owners and members

Expert

Welcome to the FMC Owners Club sponsored website and FMC coach ownership. They are a great coach once all deferred maintenance has been taken care of. We will meet in person at a future rally. Also make a photo album detailing your upgrade to the Edelbrock system so that others will have a roadmap of how do it should someone wants to follow in your steps.
CrazymikeM934
Posted 2020-06-14 8:42 AM (#7361 - in reply to #7360)

Contributor

Thanks for the warm welcome
hemi354az
Posted 2020-07-04 1:54 PM (#7426 - in reply to #7359)

Extreme Veteran

See your pictures just added . . . add more please ! (http://www.fmcowners.com/mbbs22/photos/photo-thumbnails.asp?albumid=213&useralbum=683)
Bet if you turned that Edelbrock port injection manifold around, and used a couple of their (Edbrk) elbows back to back to make 180° turn for the throttle body to be on the Gen Set side and then a remote Air Cleaner by that side grill . . . you could keep the water neck (T-Stat Hsg), AC Pump, Alternator, and PS Pump right where they started off on the Stock FMC 440 engine.
Throttle cable could be extended and moved to Gen Set side of engine by going over the tranny and something could be "rigged" for the Kick Down tranny Rod.
Set of low manifolds would keep much of the heat away from the TB in that "backward" configuration.
But . . . guess that set-up is not covered in the Installation Manual. Gosh Darn !

Maybe the square bore carb type throttle body Sequential Port Injection would have fit 'easier' . . .
https://www.summitracing.com/parts/edl-35910?seid=srese1&gclid=EAIaI...

When is your first race ?
Zoom ON !
Lou #120

Edited by hemi354az 2020-07-04 1:58 PM
CrazymikeM934
Posted 2020-07-04 4:34 PM (#7427 - in reply to #7359)

Contributor

carb type throttle body would have been easier . but this type of manifold will produce more horse power and torque lower in the power band. Also i had no intention on keeping the engine driven ac. We removed ever thing to do with . cable style trans kick down is going on. Heavy factory gen set is pulled. I will be running a easy start module on the roof ac so we can power it with my 2200 portable quite run gen. Also a invertor and hi amp alternator to run the roof ac while traveling. I will post some pictures of the complete project. thanks
hemi354az
Posted 2020-07-04 4:54 PM (#7428 - in reply to #7427)

Extreme Veteran

Well . . . silly me.
If I was going to do all that . . . to a 45 year old antique road show . . . I would put a new LS or LT Crate engine in it. It already has sequential Log type fuel injection and MORE HP and Torque lower in the power band.
FMC still won't fly . . . Wings are TOO SHORT.
Zoom ON !
Lou #120
CrazymikeM934
Posted 2020-07-04 5:39 PM (#7429 - in reply to #7359)

Contributor

Awesome. Appreciate your input and interest in my project. Ls swap of course could be done. And quite honestly if that's the route you choose for your coach. Go for it.
B. Sitton
Posted 2020-07-05 9:32 AM (#7430 - in reply to #7429)

Extreme Veteran

Oh Lou is in the highly modified 440 camp. Everything geared to low rpm longevity! Gear drive camshaft (.366”) lift, small valve, heavy duty Dodge 413HT heads that came stock with hard seats and sodium filled 1.5” exhaust valves. SP2-P low rpm intake manifold. Overdrive transmission. 85 miles per hour under 3,000 rpm.
Bill
CrazymikeM934
Posted 2020-07-05 10:03 AM (#7431 - in reply to #7359)

Contributor

Awesome 👍. For now I'll see how we like the EFI. If the need for speed should come up. Looks like I am in the right place to learn about doing lower rpm with overdrive 👍
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Go to FMCowners.com HomeRunning MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2024 PD9 Software
(Delete all cookies set by this site)