Search | Statistics | User Listing | Member Roster | Coach DB Forums | Albums
FMC Owner's Forum
Home -> FMC Owner's Forum ->  General Discussion -> Mechanic's Corner -> View Thread

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Formica Interior Paneling...
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Mechanic's CornerMessage format

TravalonSF
Posted 2020-06-10 5:08 PM (#7346)
Subject: Formica Interior Paneling...

Contributor

Surrounding the wood-grain Formica interior paneling, I'm wondering if anyone knows the item number or model name in which matches closely the original paneling? I have looked through several sites online but, have not found anything tremendously close. I would assume the brown trim may be available through the same resource.

Thank you for your recommendations and insights!

Robert
Top of the page Bottom of the page
hemi354az
Posted 2020-06-10 6:25 PM (#7350 - in reply to #7346)
Subject: Re: Formica Interior Paneling...

Extreme Veteran

Hello Robert,
There are 1-3/4 x 2 inch "chips" of different laminates, like in paint stores, at laminate cabinet/countertop shops (listed in Yellow pages or Net Equivalent). I went here - https://thecountertopcenter.com/
PO had replaced roll-up (Tamboor?) covers on "pantry" shelves to left of curb entry door with 4 flat doors. The west sun came thru the "uncurtained" window in the curb door and bleached, then "delaminated" those doors.
Ice box panels had also started to delam, probably from leaking fan/vent (since replaced) right over them.
I took a couple other O-head flip-up cabinet doors, and the slide out Ice Box doors panels to match the laminate.
They said my FMC #120 laminate was made by Pionite and "was" number WT601 called Scandia Teak. They said it had not been made since 2009. But they still had a Pionite chip for it which they gave me. Still have it.
Closest thing to what is in my FMC is . . . Pionite #HP360 called Afternoon Showers. Still have that chip too.

I got "new wood doors and laminate for the "pantry" and upper and lower panels/laminate for the Ice Box. And also have a solid panel that fits in the curb door window, that stows away.
Riding by on horseback after midnight on a Moonless night . . . it is hard to tell the difference.

But if you see some nice pink or little fish or pigs or poodle laminate . . . go for a complete RE-DO ! It will only cost several thousand $$$$$$$$$$$$. Remember $400 Saddles on $20 Mules. It's a PLASTIC LAMINATE SHOW BIZ WORLD !

If you find the brown T-shaped edging anywhere . . . please share the SOURCE and $/ft.

Glue ON ! Lou #120
BigRabbitMan
Posted 2020-06-10 6:44 PM (#7351 - in reply to #7346)

Expert

Bill Sitton should have some some limited lengths of the brown T edging.
andy1canada
Posted 2020-06-10 7:18 PM (#7352 - in reply to #7346)
Subject: RE: Formica Interior Paneling...

Elite Veteran

Hey Robert!

Welcome to the FMC fraternity.

Wow... talk about makin' a big-splash with a cool coach right from the get-go!

I can second Lou's assertion that it is 'Scandia Teak'. Got that right from Don Black himself, along with a bunch of other stuff that would be inappropriate for me to share at this juncture.

Look forward to meeting you at a Rally some day.

Cheers,
Terry
TravalonSF
Posted 2020-06-11 3:27 PM (#7353 - in reply to #7346)

Contributor

Hi Guys,

Thanks for the information and I just spoke Michael at McMillican America in Hayward, CA indicating he has two 4x8' sheets of .028 thickness what he called 'Vertical' stock. He has available one 4x8' (in stock) and 5x12' (1 week delivery from Pionite) of .039 thickness what he called 'Post'. He recommended 'Post' for counter and table tops or high impact areas. Michael indicated the vertical stock is more likely to crack or break if not handled appropriately and the post stock can be handled more aggressively when cutting and installing.

4x8' Vertical sheets cost $0.39/sqft or $124.80 a sheet

They roll the material placing it into a 15"x10' or 15"x15' box for shipping anywhere.

Brand: Pionite #HP 360 - Afternoon Showers

McKillican American
2388 Lincoln Ave., Hayward, CA 94545
Tel: 510-259-1300

hemi354az
Posted 2020-06-11 4:07 PM (#7354 - in reply to #7353)

Extreme Veteran

Had to imagine that in Bay Area of over 7 Million people that there are only two sheets of Pionite #HP 360 - Afternoon Showers available. Ooops . . . San Franciscans always use polished imported Italian Marble. Sorry. Lou #120
TravalonSF
Posted 2020-06-11 4:31 PM (#7355 - in reply to #7346)

Contributor

Hi Lou,

Darn... they were fresh out of their nice pink with little fish, pigs and poodle laminate! :p

Speaking of polished Italian Marble, do you know of anyone having replaced their kitchen countertop with a Granite or CaesarStone slab? I'm wondering if the cabinet can handle the 50-65lb slab weight.

As there is no oven in #1027, I would like to rearrange my kitchen using a large 2 burner LPG stove mounted perpendicular under the microwave and change to a single deep sink to the far right side if possible.

Any recommendations to others having reconfigured their kitchen or other ideas is always appreciated!

RC

hemi354az
Posted 2020-06-11 5:57 PM (#7356 - in reply to #7355)

Extreme Veteran

Hi RC,
I knew it . . . SFers and Italian Marble !
Not sure I understand cooking on a perpendicular (to what ?) stove under a Nuclear Device. Pictures always help . . . before and then after . . . in that order. Should I look thru Len's excellent pictures of #1027 MODIFICATIONS ?
Being the Champion of "Do Not add weight behind the rear wheels of a FMC, which includes bumper stickers !" . . . I really cannot (will not) reply about Granite Counter tops in any FMC.
If you want to go farther . . . add lightness.
If you want to go faster . . . add lightness.
If you want to go longer . . . add lightness.
Did that High $$$ Max Factor FMC that sold last year keep the Formica countertops ? Cheapskates !
Cheap, Fast, Reliable . . . Pick TWO. (Answer to picking 1st and 3rd is . . . Rent a new Winniebagel)
Zoom ON ! Lou #120
BigRabbitMan
Posted 2020-06-11 6:13 PM (#7357 - in reply to #7346)

Expert

I believe I did hear of someone with a granite countertop but don’t remember who it was. Someone had both the stovetop and the sink recessed so that covers could be dropped into place which presented a totally flat countertop when those items were not in use. While not granite, both Barney Martin of Michigan and Greg Miller of Soquel, CA have replaced their countertops and have a single sink. Perhaps they can sent you a picture if one is not available in the photo album section. Is your microwave also a convection oven like mine?
TravalonSF
Posted 2020-06-11 6:41 PM (#7358 - in reply to #7346)

Contributor

Yes, Sensei... float like a butterfly, sting like a bee!

I believe it was the Michael's #727 in NC as it has a Corian countertop with a matching plate covering the stove and molded in single sink. Looks great and LIGHTER than stone!

If someone can let me know how to load photos, I'll post them tonight.

RC

Hi Stephen, I'll have to check but, I think it is a convection oven above the counter.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Go to FMCowners.com HomeRunning MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2024 PD9 Software
(Delete all cookies set by this site)