Search | Statistics | User Listing | Member Roster | Coach DB Forums | Albums
FMC Owner's Forum
Home -> FMC Owner's Forum ->  General Discussion -> Discussion -> View Thread

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

1027 Change of Owernship
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> DiscussionMessage format

LCAC_Man
Posted 2020-05-08 4:21 PM (#7308)
Subject: 1027 Change of Owernship

(172.10.134.245)
As of today Robert Craig is the new owner of 1027, he was gracious enough to allow me a final camping trip next week with it and will be picking it up on the 17th. Michelle and I have found that the camper van I built out fits us well enough to get me through the next few years until retirement and a move to where I have a proper shop and some space. I expect I'll migrate back to an FMC then...who knows...maybe Robert will have had his fun with it by then and I'll buy it back! Please welcome and support him as you did me and I'll keep my account active and stop in from time to time to see how you've all progressed on your coaches.
Many Thanks and Best Regards!
Top of the page Bottom of the page
andy1canada
Posted 2020-05-08 5:26 PM (#7309 - in reply to #7308)
Subject: RE: 1027 Change of Owernship

(108.172.116.231)
Sad news indeed Len.

Few have contributed like you have to this community.

Your awesome workmanship you shared with all of us will continue to inspire for years to come.

Was looking forward to the day we could meet if/when I feel safe enough to take my family (and dog) south of the border again.

Scary times...

Best to you and yours!

Terry Anderson & Family

BigRabbitMan
Posted 2020-05-08 5:52 PM (#7310 - in reply to #7308)
Subject: Re: 1027 Change of Owernship

(71.94.238.133)
Having talked to Robert, I can assure others that is has gone to to a good home. Robert is looking forward to attending future FMC rallies. The good part of this may be that Len will end up upgrading another coach in the future!

Robert, welcome to the FMC world and, in my opinion, you have just gotten the premier FMC in the USA.
LCAC_Man
Posted 2020-05-09 8:13 AM (#7311 - in reply to #7308)

(172.10.134.245)
"The good part of this may be that Len will end up upgrading another coach in the future!"
If I get the shop I want, you all may have a source for modern repowering of FMCs..
BigRabbitMan
Posted 2020-05-09 9:04 AM (#7312 - in reply to #7311)

(71.94.238.133)
LCAC_Man - 2020-05-09 6:13 AM "The good part of this may be that Len will end up upgrading another coach in the future!"
If I get the shop I want, you all may have a source for modern repowering of FMCs..

That would be great news! How can I help!
dkarnath
Posted 2020-05-10 10:28 AM (#7313 - in reply to #7308)

(71.89.200.148)
Sad day...Thanks for being an awesome contributor to the forum...
TravalonSF
Posted 2020-06-10 5:00 PM (#7345 - in reply to #7308)
Subject: RE: 1027 Change of Owernship

(24.6.234.156)
Hi Len,

Thank you for the opportunity to own such an amazing coach! After a brief trip home through Oceanside, Joshua Tree, Santa Barbara, Monterey and San Francisco, I can confirm your extraordinary competence as a mechanic, electrician, plumber and fabricator as the coach handled, rode and performed just as you said it would. The Duramax and Allison 6sp is a terrific combination! Beyond WELL DONE!!!

I look forward to completing some of the projects you were underway with such as completing the exterior painting with the original strip scheme, making a few mechanical upgrades you recommended and tidying up the interior paneling where needed.

Also, I sincerely appreciate all of the FMC Club members I spoke with recently that were kind enough to listen and respond to my many naïve questions surrounding buying an ‘original’ FMC or a coach in which has been completely renovated and upgraded. It has been a real education… quickly I might add!!!

I’ll look forward to paying it forward as well, sharing with fellow club members details surrounding the renovations and upgrades you have recommended.

Thanks again to you and such a welcoming family!

Robert Craig
5Dollar
Posted 2020-06-10 5:22 PM (#7347 - in reply to #7345)

(50.123.186.176)
Many FMC owner wannabes do not take the directions of the group to heart. You have probably the best diesel conversion that has been done. As you and I discussed, a diesel conversion is not for the faint-hearted. If you had even stuttered on the deal to buy 1027, I would have had a bank transfer waiting. It is great to have a new member of the FMC ownership community. From our discussions, I am sure you will be a real asset. Henry
TravalonSF
Posted 2020-06-10 6:02 PM (#7349 - in reply to #7347)

(24.6.234.156)
Hi Henry,

Thank you for all your sound advice and those are very kind words for a newbee.

I'm sure it won't be the only time I may need some straight talk and I'm looking forward to learning more!

Here's to good times and many more to come!!!

RC
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Go to FMCowners.com HomeRunning MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2024 PD9 Software
(Delete all cookies set by this site)