Search | Statistics | User Listing | Member Roster | Coach DB Forums | Albums
FMC Owner's Forum
Home -> FMC Owner's Forum ->  General Discussion -> Rally Information -> View Thread

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

FMC West Coast Rally in Oakfir, Oregon - Sept 27-30, 2019
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Rally InformationMessage format

BigRabbitMan
Posted 2019-05-15 7:13 PM (#6413)
Subject: FMC West Coast Rally in Oakfir, Oregon - Sept 27-30, 2019

Expert

It’s been a year now since we had our last rally at Casey’s RV Park in Westfir, Oregon alongside the Willamette River! Time to schedule another rally so I have spaces reserved and we are looking forward to another great weekend of discussions and looking at other coaches. Speaking of other coaches, there will be one from Oklahoma that has had a lot of modifications done to it and has not been to any rallies up to this point. It will be good to admire the outside and tour the inside! At this point, three spaces of the eleven reserved have been taken. One coach from Oregon (me!), one from California, and one from Oklahoma.

We had a great time at Casey’s last year (see the photo album on the Club website http://fmcowners.com/mbbs22/photos/photo-thumbnails.asp?albumid=190... ) and so we are going back. It is a relaxing location as we are along the river and the spaces are nice and roomy and separated by grassy areas. Here are a couple of pictures of the area of the campground where we will be holding the rally:

NOTE: I will figure out how to insert the pictures later. The spaces for the rally are 57-64 and 66-68.

The first picture is the campground’s map of the area of the campground where we will be holding the rally. Note that spaces 60, 61 and 62 have already been reserved so pick another number and call the campground at 541-782-1906 and tell them that you are with the FMC Owners Club and the space number that you want to reserve. It is first come, first gets the spot! A 10% discount will apply if we have 10 or more attendee’s. There is a small non-refundable $15 reservation fee that will hold your spot until you arrive. So call now before your desired spot is taken by someone else. Please text or email me as to which space you reserved as soon as you complete your reservation with the campground. I am trying to be organized! My contact information is Mbl: 916-425-7996 or email Stephen@heinrichs.com .

The second picture is a Google Earth image of the same location so you can see what it is like in real life! Note the spacing and the proximity of the river. Given the angle of the spaces they are easy to back into and they are all full hookup sites. Here is a link to Casey’s RV Park’s website if you want to review what they have on their site: http://www.caseysrvpark.com/ . Do not attempt to reserve your spot on the website as you will not be able to be with the rest of the group – call them!

We don’t have any outside activities scheduled at this point, but we will have a potluck dinner on Saturday evening. There will be a fire in an FMC Fire Box for everyone’s enjoyment. If you don’t know what that is you need to attend and find out! Historically, a number of us that are there in time for Friday dinner have gone to the nearby town of Oakridge and had a nice Mexican dinner. That is optional and transportation will be available.

So it is a two step process:
Step 1. Call 541-782-1906 and tell them that you are with the FMC Owners Club and want to reserve space # ___ for the rally of September 27-30, 2019.
Step 2. Text or email Stephen at either 916-425-7996 or Stephen@heinrichs.com and tell him which space you have reserved. Feel free to extend your stay earlier or later than the formal rally dates if you so desire.

The only remaining step is get on the road in September and arrive at the rally! You can let me know when you do that as well so that we can estimate your arrival time and be ready to greet you and assist with parking if needed. I will have a pickup load of wood for the fire box so if you want to bring marshmallows there will be plenty of time to do some toasting. Hot dogs will work as well!
Top of the page Bottom of the page
ricogomez
Posted 2019-05-16 9:57 AM (#6414 - in reply to #6413)
Subject: Re: FMC West Coast Rally in Oakfir, Oregon - Sept 27-30, 2019

Veteran

Mr Stephen, we wish we could attend but for us is around 2,300 miles ea way, it would take us a week of traveling ea way..I saw the campground online and the area looks beautiful.

Rico & Carmen
12 V & 6 Speed Allyson

BigRabbitMan
Posted 2019-05-16 2:18 PM (#6418 - in reply to #6414)

Expert

ricogomez - 2019-05-16 7:57 AM Mr Stephen, we wish we could attend but for us is around 2,300 miles ea way, it would take us a week of traveling ea way..I saw the campground online and the area looks beautiful. Rico & Carmen 397 12 V & 6 Speed Allyson

Rico, we will miss you but I understand even though there is a lot of beautiful country between your place in Texas and the rally.

There are now 5 of the 11 spaces reserved as a second CA unit (from southern CA) and a WA owner have reserved spaces.
dkarnath
Posted 2019-07-03 11:16 AM (#6575 - in reply to #6418)

Elite Veteran

#67 is now booked, probably bring a tent....lol or SOB. Who knows....
BigRabbitMan
Posted 2019-07-03 12:13 PM (#6576 - in reply to #6575)

Expert

dkarnath - 2019-07-03 9:16 AM #67 is now booked, probably bring a tent....lol or SOB. Who knows....

I knew that you would make it! Just for you, I will be sure to bring a full pickup load of fire wood for our evening enjoyment.

Nine of the eleven reserved spaces have now been claimed. That means that only two of the reserved spaces are still available.

The current attendee list with their space numbers is as follows:

Beyer-57
-open-58
-open-59
Enoksen-60
Heinrichs-61
Glaze-62
Day-63
Capell-64
Nolan-66
Karnath-67
Sitton-68

For two of the attendee's it will be their first FMC Club rally. If you have not been to an FMC rally, please come and join us as you will not be the only first time attendee. Registration information is posted above.

A number of the attendee's have great talent when it comes to analyzing things that may need to be done to a coach so if you have things you have been wondering about, come and talk to the gathered experts. Also it is great to look at other coaches to see what was done to them and get ideas for things that you may (or may not!) want to do to your own coach.

It's a time to renew old friendships and make new ones. See you there,
BigRabbitMan
Posted 2019-07-31 10:57 PM (#6656 - in reply to #6413)

Expert

Time for a rally update. As of today, all 11 of the reserved spaces have been reserved. This is really super and we will have a great time looking the coaches over for things done to them and comparing what we see to our own coaches. There are two aspects to rallies, one is looking at the coaches and the other is the social aspect of visiting with other like minded coach owners.

There are always tales to be told! I look forward to meeting the three new rally attendees as well as renewing old friendships from prior rallies.

While all of reserved spaces have been taken, that doesn't mean that no one else can attend. The park has more spaces available so come on and join us as we expect to have a good time visiting and eating and looking at coaches. The registration process is shown above!

The current attendee's with their space numbers and state is as follows:

57- Beyer, WA
58- Hancock, WA
59- Steinborn, CO
60- Enoksen, CA
61- Heinrichs, OR
62- Glaze, OK
63- Day, OR
64- Capell, CA
66- Nolan, CA
67- Karnath, OR
68- Sitton, CO

Now is your golden opportunity to come join us. See you at the rally!
brucenolan@juno.com
Posted 2019-09-26 11:07 PM (#6900 - in reply to #6413)

Contributor

I hope we have a good turnout in spite of any weather. I'm currently 300 miles away in susanville ca. Hope to check in by 430 pm tomorrow, see ya all then.
BigRabbitMan
Posted 2019-09-26 11:40 PM (#6901 - in reply to #6413)

Expert

I will be there by 1:00pm and, yes, it is looking like we will have a well attended rally. There will be some new attendees that are excited to meet other owners and see other coaches. And I have a pickup load of wood for nonstop camp fires!
andy1canada
Posted 2019-09-28 8:06 PM (#6918 - in reply to #6413)

Elite Veteran

Hope ya'all have a blast and get home safe!

Terry
BigRabbitMan
Posted 2019-10-05 5:35 PM (#6925 - in reply to #6413)

Expert

Well, the rally is now a fond memory of those of us that were there! We ended up with nine ownerships and eight FMC's at the rally. While we did have some intermittent rain, we also had sunshine and good weather. I had a great time and expect that all others did as well. To see just a sample of what we did, visit the photo album I just posted on this site at: http://fmcowners.com/mbbs22/photos/show-album.asp?albumid=203&photo...

Somehow I never got a photo of all the food for the Saturday evening potluck as I think I was too focused on eating!

Other than that, enjoy the pictures.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Go to FMCowners.com HomeRunning MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2024 PD9 Software
(Delete all cookies set by this site)