Search | Statistics | User Listing | Member Roster | Coach DB Forums | Albums
FMC Owner's Forum
Home -> FMC Owner's Forum ->  General Discussion -> Mechanic's Corner -> View Thread

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Broken Studs in Disc Wheels
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Mechanic's CornerMessage format

jbnodine
Posted 2019-03-22 7:10 PM (#6331)
Subject: Broken Studs in Disc Wheels

Contributor

I'm overdue on getting back to this but wanted to let you know I found a way to fix the studs that were broken on the front wheels. First we tried to find a stud that would fit--looked a long time and there were none. So then looking through all sources we found ones that could be adapted.

The Stud is part number M-2448 from Brake and Wheel Parts in Chicago. I had a local machine shop cut down the shoulder and machine and cut threads on the other side. Then because the spline diameter was bigger than the original, he drilled out the hub so they fit. They are working great.

The attached picture shows the original on the left and the new one on the right. Any questions give me a call/text. I don't log on as much as I should--too much going on in life.

Best,
Bryant Nodine
520-241-4940
Coach 584

P.S. After letting the coach sit for a few years with a blown head gasket and a really bad transmission (it had been run low on coolant and low on transmission fluid before I bought it), I finally confronted it. Had a new transmission put in, rebuilt the top end of the engine (Detroit Diesel 8.2L), replaced all the gaskets, replaced the injectors (they were leaking from sitting too long), treated all the frame rust (original owner from Wisconsin), added more floor cross members (rust had done a job on them), replaced the carpet with tile and reupholstered the cushions. It's running well and everything seems to be working, but so far only short trips.

(FMC Wheel Studs.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments FMC Wheel Studs.jpg (158KB - 25 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page
hemi354az
Posted 2019-03-22 7:25 PM (#6332 - in reply to #6331)
Subject: Re: Broken Studs in Disc Wheels

Extreme Veteran

Broken front wheel studs ? Are the wheels 5 or 6 studs ? Disc or drum brakes ? How many were broken ?
Did you look at - http://truckhub.us/yahoo_site_admin/assets/docs/Euclid100DWheelAtta...
Never knew you were looking for any wheel studs.
Ever come to Phoenix Aridzona ? I'm in Scottsdale off the 101/Shea Blvd going West toward Fountain Hills. Please stop by and we can swap FMC stories.
Lou #120
hemi354az
Posted 2019-03-24 1:17 PM (#6337 - in reply to #6332)
Subject: Re: Broken Studs in Disc Wheels

Extreme Veteran

Bryant,
My apology for the above entry (#6332). I used the Search Feature and found your and others entries on this very subject back in 2017.
But the Invite still applies.
Lou #120
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Go to FMCowners.com HomeRunning MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2024 PD9 Software
(Delete all cookies set by this site)