Search | Statistics | User Listing | Member Roster | Coach DB Forums | Albums
FMC Owner's Forum
Home -> FMC Owner's Forum ->  General Discussion -> Trader's Market -> View Thread

You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Another Eastern Beauty!
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General Discussion -> Trader's MarketMessage format

andy1canada
Posted 2018-05-31 8:39 PM (#5539)
Subject: Another Eastern Beauty!

Elite Veteran

https://columbia.craigslist.org/rvs/d/immaculate-1974-fmc-motor/6602...

Terry
Top of the page Bottom of the page
5Dollar
Posted 2018-06-01 1:15 AM (#5540 - in reply to #5539)
Subject: Re: Another Eastern Beauty!

Veteran

That one is mine. When I had my heart rebuild, I tried to put reasonable estimates on all my projects. When I found out that I would be over 120 when I got them all done, some projects had to go. I finished rebuilding the carburetor on the generator tonight. Tomorrow I get a test of my skills. If anyone in the group wants the coach, I can be a little flexible on the price, but not much. I have about $20,000 in the coach. It has been stored inside for most of its life. It was owned by a wealthy man in NC and I bought it from his estate. The interior looks just as good as the exterior. The house air has been replaced with two newer units. The tires are all in good condition on and off the coach. I have a spare tire mounted, but no coach mount for it. Come by and take a look. Everybody should go to Bethune once in their lives. Henry
andy1canada
Posted 2018-06-01 8:53 AM (#5541 - in reply to #5539)

Elite Veteran

Good to hear you made it through your ordeal, Henry.

When these sort of things happen to us, any childhood illusions of immortality we've been carrying along into adulthood - vanish. My hip-replacement did it for me.

Do you have another coach still (920), or, are you getting out of the FMC thing altogether?

Fine coach and your ask is generous. If not so far away, I'd be tempted.

Best to you and yours, Henry.

Warm regards from the West Coast,

Terry
BigRabbitMan
Posted 2018-06-01 12:21 PM (#5542 - in reply to #5540)

Expert

5Dollar - 2018-05-31 11:15 PM Everybody should go to Bethune once in their lives. Henry

I did and had a great visit a couple of years ago! Henry is a great host and I parked where this coach is parked while there and had electrical hookup and a place to fix the vacuum line of my brake system.

It is a great looking coach and a good buy for the money.
5Dollar
Posted 2018-06-01 1:38 PM (#5543 - in reply to #5541)

Veteran

I am going to keep 920.  It is a unique motor coach.  I do not plan to start on it until this one is sold -- at my wife's suggestion.

I was fishing at Campbell River years ago.  Vancouver Island is more than impressive.

I had no idea I was mortal until this heart problem.  I am making plans over a shorter time span now.

You always have a friend in Bethune, SC.

Henry

andy1canada
Posted 2018-06-01 7:46 PM (#5544 - in reply to #5539)

Elite Veteran

Thanks Henry!

Yes we are blessed to live on the Island.

Our Pacific salmon are in trouble and have been for nearly 30 yrs now. Our stunned government up here (the Fed) don't get it. They are throwing their support behind the Norwegian salmon-farmers to grow fish (9 out of 10 which go south to feed you guys) while turning their backs on habitat and climate-change issues which have most of our fish behind the 8-ball. Now Trump, for the second year in a row, is trying to pull funding for Oregon salmon enhancement which has more than paid for itself over the last decade.

One of my main gigs is worrying about making sure there are fish around for our kids and grandchildren. So far, I'm losing.

Hang in there Henry. I'm hopeful I can do my 'bucket-list' trip around N. America in the next year or two and will definitely look to paying you a visit... long as fuel stays under $10-bucks a gallon!

Cheers,
Terry

LCAC_Man
Posted 2018-06-02 11:20 AM (#5545 - in reply to #5544)

Elite Veteran

That's a great looking coach Henry...priced right for the condition, you should have no problem finding a buyer.
5Dollar
Posted 2018-06-02 11:39 AM (#5546 - in reply to #5539)

Veteran

Thanks for your comments, Len. I have much admired the work you have done on 1027. I feel the price is in the ballpark as well. The extra 22.5 Michelin tires give the new owner many options. The coach was never let to sit long until I got it, so it did not have the 'decay' seen in many.

Many lookers, but no serious buyers yet. I try to be frank in my description. Most people should not own FMC's.

Henry
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Go to FMCowners.com HomeRunning MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2024 PD9 Software
(Delete all cookies set by this site)