Posted 2019-10-11 11:52 AM (#6950) Subject: FMC Mega Rally in Minden, Nebraska – June 25-29, 2020
Location: Cottage Grove, OR
*** MAJOR UPDATE - THIS RALLY HAS BEEN CANCELED DUE TO THE COVID-19 VIRUS AND THE ISSUES THAT IT PRESENTS ***
It is time to reserve your space at the 6th bi-annual Mega FMC Owners Club Rally! Our Mega rallies are so named as they are held somewhere towards the middle of the continent so that the most owners possible can come from both coasts and all points in between.
As you can see, the RV Park where we will gather is adjacent to and part of the museum complex. The Museum is quite extensive and covers roughly the period from 1850 to 1950. You can explore the range of exhibit types on their website and, given my experience, you will want to use lots of time exploring the various exhibits from the steam engines, to the sod house, to the aircraft engines, to the tractors, to the ladies dresses, to the early cars, etcetera.
The 20 reserved spaces – YES, twenty! - are the entire two back rows of the campground! That is the same area we used in 2010 where this video was made: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9tnDIsLqhyI . Note to self: lubricate the door hinge! Here is a link to a view of the portion of the campground where we will be staying. http://www.fmcowners.com/mbbs22/photos/show-album.asp?albumid=204&p... The south row (lower row in the photo) is spaces 30-38 (R to L) and the north row is spaces 39-49 (R to L). All spaces are back in and have water and electric only. There is an onsite dump station for your use either coming or going or both.
When you make your reservation, I recommend reserving the spaces from the middle going out each direction so that we will have the FMC’s adjacent to each other in the event that not all spaces are reserved. If you want to be adjacent to a specific person, I suggest that you coordinate your space number with that person. If your coach is not currently road ready, at the front of the RV Park is their motel so you can still come and just stay at the motel! That means that EVERYONE can come and see other coaches and meet other owners and participate in the many FMC “How do I ….. ?” discussions.
To get the group rates and to reserve your site, call 308-832-2750 and advise them that you are with the FMC group and give them the dates – June 25-29, 2020. Arrive on Thursday and leave on Monday. They will request a credit card number, but will not put any charge on the card at this time. The Park and the museum have separate rates. This is to provide flexibility for attendee’s as some will want to spend more time in the museum than others.
The RV Park group rate is $25 per night. That is very economical! The group museum cost is flexible as it is $12.50 per adult for the first day and $6.50 per adult per day for each subsequent sequential day. Children are $6.00 the first day and $3.25 each subsequent sequential day. The effective combined cost is much lower than the cost of many RV parks so come and enjoy yourself. There are mature trees that provide plenty of areas with shade to relax in after visiting the museum and solving all problems FMC related!
After you have made your reservation, please, please send your name, coach number and site number to Stephen@Heinrichs.com or text it to 916-425-7996. Remember, it is best to make your reservation now and not wait and forget and be scrambling later. It also is a great help to those doing the planning for the group to get a handle on who and how many are coming.
Posted 2020-02-24 11:38 AM (#7179 - in reply to #6950) Subject: RE: FMC Mega Rally in Minden, Nebraska – June 25-29, 2020
Location: Houston, Texas
Hello Mr Stephen, we have made a reservation for # 38 at the park and we
are hopping that can bring our FMC to showed it around and see if we can
find a buyer, we will also are trying to bring the set of Alcoas with us to see
if we can find a buyer for them as well.
Posted 2020-03-30 2:47 PM (#7187 - in reply to #6950) Subject: Re: FMC Mega Rally in Minden, Nebraska – June 25-29, 2020
Location: Cottage Grove, OR
It is with deep regrets that the Board of Directors has voted to cancel the rally scheduled for this June due to the challenges presented by the presence of the Covid-19 virus here in the USA.
As conditions vary dramatically between various areas of the country at this time, no further rally dates have been scheduled at this time. If conditions warrant, you are all encouraged to schedule a local rally if it can be done in a safe manner for all attendees.